Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Rebound

I've been trying to eat healthier and exercise more.  I do pretty well during the week but come the weekend I fall off the wagon.  Saturday was horrible.  I laid in bed all day with a horrible hangover and when I felt good enough to eat I had a giant carb and cheese fest.  Note to self.  You are not 21 anymore.

I got back on track today.  I went to Whole Foods and made sure that no junk made it into my basket.  Whole Foods is more expensive but I swear their fruit and vegetables look so bright and yummy.  I got some corn on the cob that looks amazing!  I can't wait to cook it up.

Before I went food shopping I went for a "run".  I say "run" because I needed to take a few walking breaks.  I haven't gone for a run since October.  I can't run through a Boston winter.  I'd imagine that's what running through hell would be like.

My diet will never be perfect but I have to keep trying.  Yes I had a horrible day Saturday but that doesn't mean I should give up.  I ate really healthy today and made a healthy tuna noodle casserole for dinner.  I think people tend to beat themselves up too much when they stray from their diet.  The worst thing you can do is just call that day a wash and binge.  I just tell myself that my next meal will be healthy and I don't beat myself up.

The good news is that a dress that was too tight a couple months ago fits again!  I'll be wearing it in Vegas.  I don't have a scale so I'm not sure how much weight I've lost.  Probably just a few pounds since the beginning of spring but fitting into once too tight clothing makes me feel pretty great.

The e-mails between my favorite blogger ladies have been a huge help.  We're all trying to live healthier and it helps to have a bunch of friends telling you that you don't need that ice cream.

Now if only Boston could really have some nice spring weather instead of this rainy chilly crap.  It's not looking good on the weather front this week.  I need some sunny Vegas in my life!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you in your dress! :) Sometimes it's not really about weight. It's about losing the fat and gaining muscle and definition on certain body parts. ;) 3.5 more days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fitting into too-tight clothing is generally my primary weight loss marker. I use a scale, but a number can never quite do the same thing for me.

    ReplyDelete