Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

There's an ocean between us but I'm here thinking of you

Right now a friend of mine is hurting half way around the world and there's nothing I can do about it but send her e-mails of support. I wish I could do more. I wish I was in France right now and could sit with her and give her a big hug.

Nicole's brother was arrested in Cairo for joining the protesters along with two other American college students. Nicole is an ocean away from her family and has been giving non stop interviews to help get her brother sent home. This could be my brother - or your brother. I wish I could help. I wish her brother could know how many people are thinking of him and praying for his safe return. I don't normally pray, but I'm praying now. 

I'm sending my love across the ocean. I'm sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Just know that even though we are all spread out across the states and other parts of the world, your friends are an e-mail away if you need us.

1 comment:

  1. I read about this on Twitter - it's terrifying. I really hope he makes it out of there safely!

    ReplyDelete