Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The dude like qualities of Ginny

Harley reminded me with her recently blog post that I have many non girly qualities. Don't get me wrong, no one has confused me for a boy and I do love sparkly things but sometimes I tend to lean towards the dude way rather than the lady way.

The dude like qualities of Ginny

- I love beer and can drink a lot of dudes under the table
- I own way too many "wife beater" shirts
- I let my nails go way too long before painting them again
- I don't use any hair product in my hair
- I hate talking on the phone
- I can burp like nobodies business
- I will go for seconds
- I will climb a tree/fence/pole no problem
- I often wear no makeup
- I date like a dude (or so I've been told)

The girly qualities are still plentiful (love of all things glittery, Downton Abbey and pretty dresses) but I would never call myself a girly girl. My nails will be chipped, my hair will not be perfectly flat ironed and I will always pick a good beer over a sex on the beach any day. Sometimes I wish I was that girl that had every hair in place and her nails always perfectly manicured but that is just way too stressful for me. I'm not that girl and I'm not going to force myself to be although it would be nice to know how to french braid hair.

Ok this is pretty bad. I will be taking care of this soon.

UPDATE: I have repainted my nails. I couldn't take it after seeing this photo.

14 comments:

  1. You should just google how to french braid hair. That's what I did when I was a kid and then I practiced on my American Girl doll.

    And I think it's great that you embrace your non-girly-girlness. I've always been a girly-girl and at moments kind of wished I was a tomboy because they always seemed to have more in common with guys, but over the years I've come to learn that whether girly-girl or tomboy, we all are awesome women. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is very true. We are all awesome woman! I think I could get the french braiding now that we have the lovely youtube. Now I just need a victim ha ha.

      Delete
  2. I like this post. I'm a very girly non-girl. Your nails would drive me crazy, but mostly due to my anxiety: I wouldn't be able to stop thinking about how they were chipped. I also wear high heels with t-shirts. And I don't leave the house without mascara (even when I deer hunt). So, I'm very girly. But I can also outdrink most boys (whiskey is usually my pick), I like to shoot guns, I read ESPN magazine (I forgot that in today's post!), and I can field dress an animal better and faster than most guys. I can relate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See I don't think I could hunt and I can't gut a fish without gagging ha ha. And high five on the out drinking boys!

      Delete
  3. I never have chipped nails like this ONLY BECAUSE, once they chip, I can't stop picking them until they are completely off. It's a faux-CD thing and very bad for my nails but can't. stop. Must. Peel.

    You are just a perfect amount of girly, Ginny. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have this one nail polish that peels easily and that one I do pick.

      And thank you! <3

      Delete
  4. I've always been a "tom boy" but I do like a girlie drink every now and then but my booze of choice is a nice cold beer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just never paint my nails. I painted my toenails in August.. yeah.

    I hate beer. I'm definitely a girly drinker. Props to you for being able to drink like a guy. I really wish I could do that without gagging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use to not like beer and learned to love it over time. Nothing wrong with the girly drinks if that's what you like :)

      Delete
  6. I had to stop painting my nails because I would get so irritated if they got chipped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And nails chip so easily when you paint them so I can see being annoyed all the time.

      Delete
  7. Hahaha I don't get hair products either! They just make me want to wash my hair immeeeeediately! Also last week I climbed over a six foot wall and then almost killed myself jumping down the other side (it looked like a smaller jump than it was!), so there's that. Girly tomboys/Tomboyish girls unite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I can't wait to wash my hair the second product touches it.

      I want to wall jump in ireland with you.

      Delete