Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

The fun of #cityliving and sidewalk picnics

Walking home from the bar with Melissa last night we come across three people sitting in the middle of the sidewalk eating snacks. Of course we stop and talk to them. I offered them Cheetos, they offered us Doritos, it was a little city sidewalk picnic. That's what I love about living in the city. You can walk down the street at 2:30 a.m. and share snacks with strangers. I like to get away to the woods and the mountains to relax but I couldn't imagine not living in a city type environment. I like sidewalk picnics and being able to walk home after a night out.


3 comments:

  1. kinda sounds like sitting on the blacktop in elementary school and trading snacks. so jealous.

    http://challengedromantic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want city life SO BAD for this and other reasons.

    I'm in that kind of awkward mid-sized city life. Where the town is just big enough to have traffic, but small enough to where you're constantly bored and have to drive everywhere because sidewalks are only downtown. Blah.

    So yeah, jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sidewalk picnics sound like fun, but I'm a total woods girl. Put me in the middle of the woods, with no one around, and I am happy!!

    ReplyDelete