Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Taco fail. Giant beer win.

Last night we found out that our normal trivia spot is no longer hosting trivia. Looks like we'll have to find a new spot.

We tried this new Mexican restaurant in Davis Square and it wasn't very good. I got this zucchini and cactus taco and I couldn't finish it. It smelled weird and when something smells weird it's hard to eat it. Derek didn't really like his taco either. It was a giant taco fail. I decided we needed some onion rings and giant beers to make up for it.


Yes I will have a gigantic raspberry UFO thank you very much.

I am wicked tired today. Yes I just used "wicked" and I was  going to delete it and say "really" but no, I'm wicked tired and I'm from Boston and it just slips out sometimes.

I also have a headache from not sleeping enough last night and I'm sure staying up late the night before to watch the Olympics didn't help. I hope I can keep my eyes open to watch the ladies all around competition but I might not make it.


11 comments:

  1. that beer looks delish!

    http://romanticallychallenged.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm......beer. I knew I couldn't watch the Olympics tonight, so I brought my lap top into the lab and watched as I was working. :) Multi-tasking at it's finest. And it's okay to let words like "wicked" slip out. I say "Uffda" and "eh?" all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smart thinking with the laptop. I wish I could have done that.

      Delete
  3. I love Onion Rings, but that makes me sad about the tacos- i love tacos too.

    Haha. Even though I have lived in the south for like ever, whenever I get around people from NY & NJ, my jersey girl accent slips back out. It's so weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there will be delicious tacos in my future.

      Delete
  4. That is one pretty big beer. Over here they sell beer in four pint pitchers, but I've never actually seen one. I imagine it's pretty damn big. I've also never really tried tacos so I can't say how much of a fail that is but if it smells bad, it might be good to not eat it. Good luck finding a new trivia place too. If you can't find one, you can always suggest a bar do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. English people say "wicked" too! Particularly Ali G. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5IPkyWG1TM

    I'm guessing you say it a little differently though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I guess I'll fit right in over there.

      Delete
  6. Am I the only one here who thinks that zucchini and cactus doesn't sound like a good flavor of anything? Is that an East Coast thing or something?

    ReplyDelete