Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Hunger Games casting

More casting for Hunger Games has been revealed.  Here are my thoughts on some of the casting.

Elizabeth Banks as Effie Trinket.  I think she'll be a good Effie.

Thresh and Rue.  Little Rue!  I have no idea who this actress is but she is adorable.

Peeta and Gale.  I'm not sure how I feel about this.  You get this idea of a character in your head and it's hard to let go of that.  Maybe they'll both be great but when I look at Josh Hutcherson all I see is the kid from Bridge to Terabithia.  I was pulling for Hunter Parrish like most people.

I won't get into Jennifer Lawrence being cast as Katniss.  She seems like a good actress but I don't think she's right for the part.  She looks too old and not at all how Katniss is described.

I'm worried this movie is going to suck.  I love the books so much and I'll be so upset if the movie is horrible.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, see, I have lots of faith in Jennifer Lawrence.

    But I agree - I will be mega sad if these movies suck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Acting wise I'm sure she will be fine.

    Maybe once they dye her hair she'll look more Katniss like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the thing, you know they'll dye it.

    And also everyone lost their shit about Rooney Mara looking oh-so-delicate but once hair & makeup got their hands on her? Those first press shots looked AMAZING. Of course, I had all sorts of other feelings on that subject that I go on about forever and ever.

    ReplyDelete