I know I sound like a grandma here. "What's this Foursquare thing? What is the Facebook? In my day we read paper books not face ones!" I enjoy talking like an old person way too much. Just ask Melissa about my old Ginny impression.
I do know what Foursquare is. I know you can check in somewhere and if you check in more than anyone else you become the mayor. I was also informed that sometimes you can get deals for being the mayor. Well I like deals and I've never been the mayor of anything so maybe I should give this a shot?
Before I do, I have a few questions for you Foursquare users.
- Do you get a top hat when you become the Mayor? I feel like I won't care unless I get a top hat.
- Do people Foursquare stalk you? Like, "Hey I saw you were at your OBGYN so I thought I'd swing by and say hello after you got your lady parts checked out."
- Does anyone actually check into their OBGYN? That would be creepy.
- Do you check into your house? If so. That is dumb. This is a question/statement.
- Have you met anyone in real life that you met through Foursquare? This, I think would be awesome - unless they are stalking you and/or are not hot.
Thoughts on Foursquare?