Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Got my puffer and my flip flops

My Florida girl, I'm so proud of your New England transformation. Flip flops and a winter coat.

Melissa and I met up for burritos and then I devoured the rest of the book I was reading when I got home. I hate the way the book ends because now I can't stop thinking about what's going to happen. Book 3 doesn't come out until December of 2012! I'm seriously stressed over a damn book.

I get very involved with books. I become attached to characters and when the book is done I feel sad because I don't want to say goodbye. I fully understand that I sound crazy and I'm probably not doing the best job of explaining but if you love reading as I do I think you can somewhat relate.

4 comments:

  1. I can really relate with that. The next Artemis Fowl book is going to be the last one, and I'm gonna be sad when that happens. I was also sad when I finished reading Abhorsen, it didn't help that he really did set up for a whole new series of adventures, and one of the characters said what was going to happen next. He might have done that to sate your "What happened next?" but it just made me think I wanted to see it happen too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have "Read More" tattooed on my knuckles and book references covering both of my arms. I completely understand. I am currently reading Justin Cronin's "The Passage." It is so fucking good, but it is the first of three and the second does not come out until sometime in 2012. I am on pins and needles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mark - you would think that they would make another book out of the "what happened next". They'll make more money and keep fans happy.

    @Ally - that is such a bad ass tattoo! I want to get a tattoo that's book related. I'm going to check out that series you're reading. Looks like we're both suffering from "get that effing book out NOW" syndrome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister and best friend rock the flip flops year round. As much as i love flip flops, my feet get cold way to easily.

    ReplyDelete