Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Back in the saddle and it's scary up in here!

I signed up for Okcupid. I did it on a whim. I figured it wouldn't hurt to just see what's out there. Maybe I'll make some new friends, maybe I'll casually date or maybe I'll meet someone. Who knows. What I do know is that there are some horrible horrible user names on OKC. Dirtlip, LonelyMuscian, Boston (insert sports team here followed by a number). Knead2Love has to be Peeta, clearly.

Most of the guys on OKC are horrible. I'm not even kidding. I would say I only respond to 10% of messages because the other 90% are that bad. Between not even trying "hey wut up" to straight up perv "hey you want to _____ my ______" NO NO I DO NOT YOU NASTY.

I'm really scared that these guys are out in the world.

Of course not every guy on there is bad and I'm just on there for the heck of it. It's free, I'm bored, why not. Oh I know why not, because it makes me lose faith in man kind. I'm sure the woman on there are a special treat as well.

11 comments:

  1. The internet is a strange perverted place sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is and I think it's getting worse.

      Delete
  2. Ahhh, online dating. I have had a Match profile for a while now. In North Dakota there are a lot of variations of LonelyBoy69, FarmBoy69, and TractorMan69. Men, DON'T put the number 69 in your profile. If nothing else, you might get some good stories out of it! ;) Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TractorMan? Ha ha ha. I guess we don't have many tractor men around here. Why do any guys think adding a 69 to their username is a good idea.

      Delete
  3. Everytime someone talks about online dating, I am SO SO SO curious. I wonder if I could just, you know, make an account to see the creepers? And maybe look at them with girls at work or something on our breaks? Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite interesting. Maybe you have a friend who's doing it who can share with you.

      Delete
  4. I won't lie, I was sad the day I turned off my okcupid dating account. Why? not because I would miss the pervy emails and the horrible horrible grammar, but because they were such great blog fodder.

    I'm sure you'll meet some great guy through it too, cause you know your awesome and a catch, but if nothing else you can always email the nip clique the really bad ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah,yes. You gotta love the free dating sites and all the foolishness that comes along with them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's high quality entertainment. Or low quality...

      Delete
  6. Surprisingly, outside of one good expereince elsewhere, my best experiences were probably on OKC as opposed to the paid sites. At the same time, I wasted a lot more time with OKC. I hope you get whatever you are hoping to get out of it.

    ReplyDelete