Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

This old house

Living in an old building you learn to live without an outlet in your bathroom and things breaking. When I returned from vacation I noticed that my feet were getting wet after flushing the toilet. My toilet is leaking water every time I flush. I contacted my land lord who happens to be on vacation. Now I have to go into work late while I wait for a plumber. I'm sure my work appreciates me coming in late after I was out for three days.

I'm pretty sure this is why I haven't slept well the past two nights. I like to pretend I don't get stressed out but of course my body disagrees. Last time I had bathroom stress I got shingles, now I'm tossing and turning all night. I can fool my mind but not my body.

I really can't wait for the day where I live in an newer apartment building. I'd even take a building built in the 70s. That would be considered "new" to me. I'm currently saving to move again but that move won't happen until next September. Let's hope my apartment can behave for a year.

6 comments:

  1. I do hope that your apartment can behave for just another year. Or at least that your body can for now. I'm in an oldish house myself. It used to have outside plumbing. In some ways it's not so good but I still love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please try your hardest to not get sick again!! Hope it gets fixed soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So is it like pee in the water... or clean water... ??? Hope your week gets better Love Elle xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. that really sucks- hope everything is in working order really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cities with old buildings amazing me! I guess I never thought about what it would be like to life in the old buildings, though. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete