Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Hey whack-a-doole. A red light means stop, not reverse.

Driving home from dinner with my cousins last night I got in a car accident.  I was sitting at a red light singing along to the radio when the SUV in front of me starts backing up.  Clearly the driver will stop, I think to myself.  But the SUV is not stopping.  I honk my horn...still not stopping!!!  Then bam!  The SUV is now stopped into the hood of my car.

Crap crap crap!  I just want to get home and go to bed.

A middle aged lady with bleached blond hair and a shawl teeters over to my car on high heels.

"Oh wow I'm so sorry!  I was backing up because I wanted the light to change and I was over the line and I thought the hood of your car was shorter."

For someone who claims to have seen my car behind her she was reversing pretty fast.  My hood is bent up and I have some scratches.  Her SUV is fine.  She continues to ramble.

"Is your car new?  I mean it doesn't look new but maybe this will be good, you'll get it fixed up nice.  How old are you?  You look 12.  Oh I'm so sorry.  Do you have a pen?  My insurance woman Mary is great.  Just tell her my name and she'll know who I am."

My response:  "I'm 27."

This woman does not stop talking.  And why does Mary the insurance lady know her so well?  I was really wondering if she was on something because this lady was whack-a-doodle.  Or it's possible that she's just a natural whack-a-doodle.

The most important thing as that no one was hurt and I was able to drive my car back home.  I don't want to drive it far since I don't know if there is any other damage besides the hood.  I take the T to work so I don't need to drive my car right now.  I filed a claim with my insurance company today because this is one thing I don't want to procrastinate on and trust me I am sickeningly good at procrastinating.

Please explain the accident


Well this lady is a whack-a-doodle and reverses at red lights.

2 comments:

  1. Glad no one was hurt. That woman certainly sounds like she's had an awful lot of accidents. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the "12" commment. Obviously since you're driving, you must be 12.

    I mean, clearly. People are nuts.

    ReplyDelete